Saturday, March 17, 2012

Not the Right Fit--Getting in Where You Fit in?

I recently had a phone interview with a school out in New Jersey. Oh so nervous because it was my first interview in 10 years I practiced and prayed repeating the cycle in several sets. From my perspective I thought it went okay...didn't feel my energy of excitement was reciprocated, but I was holding hope until the final word was given. The next day, I sent out a hand written thank you note laced with kind words and waited for a response.

That final word was relayed to me yesterday, "indeed they (the school) has decided you are not the right fit for their school." I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect those words--"the right fit."

Oh those words...the story of my life, right. At this point I'm not sure what to make of those words. It is never my desire to fit. I just want to make an impact. A difference. A change. The right choice to do the job I know I can do well.

By no means am I doubting the school who interviewed me. They know what they are looking for and what they know their school much better than I. I just marvel at the word choice. All my life I have been trying NOT to fit because those who do fit normally don't do make the right choices for the right reason.

It is important that we encourage our children to embrace their difference as a source of talent and pride. No one has the ability to be a better you than you. We are all distinguished to greatness.

Though my heart sank a little, I know that my place will open up for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment