Thursday, September 27, 2018

Wait....I Ain't Ready

Dedicated to K--it's okay not to be ready.....keep doing the work to be...

Yesterday I realized, I wasn't ready. Me, not ready?? Seems such an idiotic statement. I am always ready. At least that is what I tell myself. You know the concept. If I say it long enough I will drown out the fear and hesitation in being ready. But truth is, I ain't ready.

 Every professional was once a novice.

Working on this new project brought me to this awareness. He said, "You ain't ready." I piped back, "Yes I am!! I have most of it all written done." Key word--most

I ain't ready. 

I am here at this place in space. This moment in the journey and I am not ready. 

My readiness is not from lack. More like mere process. Process is preparation. 

Yesterday I realized that I am okay with not being ready. Be anxious for nothing. For nothing. 

For marriage. For nothing.
For children. For nothing.
For promotion. For nothing.

Be anxious for nothing. Our journey is not in competition. Time is a manmade construction used as manipulation to control what's beyond his limits. All things happen as they should in the given moments they should. 

 It's tough. The getting ready part. No easy button. No elevator. A lot of stairs. Sometimes up, up, down, down, down, up, up, up, up. Building endurance and strength. But it's worth it. The ready.  

Read.
Serve.
Study.
Smile more.
Stay vulnerable. 
Unlearn to learn and grow.
Resist the pressure to settle. 
Listen to understand not to respond.
Speak your truth with passion and peace. 

Be found ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment