Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In the Moment

So I'm still on this ponder of the benefit of my fwb. I've determine that the reason we are fwb is because both of us really ambiguous about our relationship. Sure part of me likes him for relationship potential but like I mentioned last time, the other half of me doesn't want to work for it. Anytime you have sex with someone feelings get involved. Come on now, we grown. Feelings are in a vital part of everything we do, no matter if we want to admit it or not. But here's my thing: can I just be in the moment?

So I'm in the car with him and he is on the phone with one of his friends. Personally I can care less who he talks to, but can I be the moment? Seriously, if you are with me for the moment, lay your other chicks on the side for the moment. It's rude to be conversing with her when you in the car with me or just in my mere presences. While I'm in your moment, I don't cloud with the other dudes in my circle. I render what's yours to you, at that moment.

I know it may sound kinda like jealousy but really it's not. Like I said, I don't expect to be the only one in his world, but I don't expect to share my moment. I don't share his moments with anyone. If my phone rings and it is another dude, I send it to voicemail. If I get a text, I might reply and say, hey I'll get at you later but that's it.

I guess to me this is a rule of fwbs we need to make clear. I only get a few moments anyway so let me enjoy it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. Anytime I'm with someone I turn my ringer off or leave my phone in the truck. It's surprising that a man will do this to a woman.

    I guess JO's/FWB's feel that it isn't a true concern and that it doesn't matter.

    Some get it, some don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found out I am not FWB material.
    If I sleep with someone even a friend I must like something about him.
    And the next thing you know I am not having this or that.
    I want this or that.

    Those things are not good for my mental health. Or his.

    ReplyDelete