Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chasing Payments....

My friend Art hooked me to this amazing 19 year old phenom Adele and her song "Chasing Payments." The girl is tough! I have always been a major music fan, I mean MAJOR. I love all types from country to heavy metal to rap to Latin to vocal jazz to gospel...I love it all. But of course it has to have a message. I can't get with what I have dubbed, "basement" music. You know the kind that sounds like you and your friends pressed record/play on the tape recorder messing around in your parents basement. (LOL at myself and the crazy things I did back in the day!) At any rate I don't have to name specifics, you know who I'm talkin' bout!

So music speaks volumes to me. A language I can't live without.
Here are her lyrics:

I've made up my mind, Don't need to think it over, If I'm wrong I am right, Don't need to look no further, This ain't lust, I know this is love but, If I tell the world, I'll never say enough, Cause it was not said to you, And that's exactly what I need to do, If I'm in love with you,
Should I give up, Or should I just keep chasing pavements?Even if it leads nowhere, Or would it be a waste?Even If I knew my place should I leave it there?Should I give up, Or should I just keep chasing pavements?Even if it leads nowhere
I'd build myself up, And fly around in circles, Waiting as my heart drops, And my back begins to tingle Finally could this be it
Should I give up, Or should I just keep chasing pavements?Even if it leads nowhere, Or would it be a waste?Even If I knew my place should I leave it there?Should I give up, Or should I just keep chasing pavements?Even if it leads nowhere...
So I'm wondering why do we chase pavements? Empty lonely roads that lead to more desolation than peace. Are we gluttons for misery? Or hopeless fools hoping hope will desperately appear? Or is it that we chase these pavements like yellow brick roads in search of home? A heart? A brain? Courage?
What gives? Maybe it's the chase itself we hold on to. The fact someone is chasing us or are we chasing them??

2 comments:

  1. I like Adele too. I caught on to her after iTunes gave the song Hometown Glory away for free.

    I then got her other song Melt My Heart To Stone.

    I about wore those songs out.

    Another one that I am contemplating purchasing is Amy Whinehouse's song I'm No Good. I already bought Back To Black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song. I keep asking myself those questions. Should I give up or keep chasing pavements for all parts of my life. . esp love.
    Was sitting here contemplating that thought moments ago and decide to read blogs instead of trying to figure it out.
    Now, I think I will listen to the song.

    ReplyDelete