Monday, April 23, 2012

It's All in the Conversation: What You Speakin'?

It has been almost two weeks since my last post and I definitely can "feel" it. When I drive I hear a voice that says, you need to write. Right before I fall asleep I hear it again. I can no longer put it aside: I must write. I yield.

I shared awhile back that some of my greatest ideas come from my pastor. I guess I kind of bootleg his sermons!! No I really don't but when he speaks his words create new ideas that I think everyone should hear. I'm a firm believer that everyone should have access to uplifting and building information. For so long we have been told what the problem was but never how to remedy it. Others are always quick to point out areas of our lives that need improvement, yet few can assist you in the fixing or yet alone point you in the right direction.

In my 20's I always wanted to be better and I honestly sought out ways to remedy ill situations most times to no avail. If only I knew then what I know now, well I did. The problem was I didn't know how to use the many tools that I have to better my life and even the lives of those around me. 

One of our greatest tools for a successful and fruitful life are the words we speak. Despite they nursery rhyme you repeated as a child, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" words do cause harm. In fact we kill ourselves and others with our mouths daily. Our words are snares, trapping ourselves from capitalizing on our potential. When our words fail us, we out of anger web others with continual negativity. 

Our words were never meant to cause harm but were meant to bring fresh water to dry situations. For so long we have trained ourselves to disregard our words so we don't truly know who we are or who we can be. Our individual potential to succeed is monumental! And we must begin to speak our present and future to ourselves.  It all starts with the words you speak. We must begin to turn our negative speak into positive words of life. Yes it is that simple. Once we begin to speak in the affirmative, we begin to regain lost confidence and new task become easier to accomplish. 

And the same applies for those in our circle. Yes like minds associate. Remove yourself from the negative conversations at home, work, and play. It you want better surround yourself by better. We must learn to once again be men and women of our words.

No comments:

Post a Comment