Sunday, April 7, 2019

Daily Practice



Consistency has been my word for 2019. I told God I wanted to practice consistency in using my gifts and talents. I've spent far too much time taking it all for granted. Leisurely tapping into my gifts and talents at convenience rather than responsibility. This week makes for vid and post #7. By no means am I celebrating yet. There's plenty of work to be done. And I do plan to stay the course because the mere act of consistency has been beyond rewarding.

So with consistency in mind I want to be intentional about my daily practices. I want to rise with intentional focus and know that even if I make mistakes or totally fall along the way, that I took the risk. I showed up with full effort to give it my all. 

I am intentional about:
  1. Practicing boundaries. Boundaries are not just saying no. It's about accountability. Holding ourselves and others accountable takes daily deliberate practice. It means I stand in my truths, values and morals unafraid of what may be. 
  2. Practicing consciousness. I am aware of my gift and talents. Of their potential and power. Of how they are a part of my being yet they are not all of what makes me me. Yet I understand when I operate in my gifts and talents I am my most giving self. I am aware of who I am--strengths, flaws and all. And I am accepting of each and every part of me. And by staying connected to my center, God, I am trusting my process despite my challenges. T
  3. Practicing choice. I choose to be the best that I can be. I choose to not place my value and worth in the hands of others. I choose my morals and values and convictions. I choose love. I choose me. I choose a circle of friends rooted in being connected to each other---we feel heard, seen and valued by each other. I choose kindness. I choose to show up as my most authentic self. 
By no means am I perfect or striving for perfection that doesn't exist. I don't claim to know the road from here to there. I just want to embrace all of who I am intended to be each and every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment